What should a UA do in case it receives an request with an malformed sipuri
in the request line? For example if there is an incoming INVITE
[EMAIL PROTECTED] sip/2.0 (ie the sender has not escaped the #
character).

I guess there would be good to respond with maybe 400 Bad Request or some
other 4XX response, but I cant find something that supports this in the
RFCs. Does anyone know if there is some specifications that defines what to
do in a case with malformed uri in the requestline or is it up do the
developer of the UAS to decide? If no answer at all the UAC will probably
retransmit…

Regards,

// Andreas

_______________________________

Andreas Byström

Software Engineer

Teligent AB

Konsul Jonssons väg 17

P.O. Box 213

SE 14923 Nynäshamn

mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

web:  <http://www.teligent.se/> www.teligent.se

phone:  +46 (0)8 4101 7221

mobile: +46 (0)733 1172 21

fax:      +46 (0)8 520 193 36