From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andreas_Bystr=F6m?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   I'm kind of in the middle of the stack provider and the UA provider here...
   But I guess I should interpret your responses that in case of a sip uri with
   the # error, there is no specification that says that the UAS (B2BUA in this
   case) MUST send a sip response?

Clearly, the UA should send a response, either success or failure,
depending on the strategy you choose.  Otherwise the upstream agent
will keep sending you the request, and then eventually time-out, which
from the point of view of the overall SIP system is the worst failure
mode.

Dale