> I have a remote user that uses a VPN connection to connect to
> the courthouse.  They are using x-lite to make calls.  I
> recently changed their dial-plan to route external calls via
> an ITSP.  The call connects correctly, but after 30 seconds,
> the call disconnects.
>

> As a temporary work around, I'm having them use a different
> dial plan to route outbound calls out via an analog gateway -
> this works fine.
>

> Is there anything obvious here - or so I need to run a trace
> on the call?

Calls failing after about 30 seconds (32, to be exact) are usually indicative
of misrouted 200 OKs or ACKs.  In an effort to try to isolate the VPN as a
contributor to this problem, have you tried making an ITSP call from an
identically configured x-lite that would be located in the courthouse?  Also,
what ITSP are you using?   Are local users (the ones at the courthouse) able to
make ITSP calls without issues?