I think it's worth a question the the dev list to understand why this
happens. I had one that was so problematic, I started seeing
corruption in the DB and had to manually rebuild the data before it
became useable.

one can restart the config service from CLI

sipxproc --restart ConfigServer

(but I would caution, when I had this happen and did that, I saw a
further diminished capability (could delete users, could not add
users, input aliases, etc.)

Are these upgrades from 4.0.4 or new 4.2 installs? I would also say I
feel like a decent core duo would be the minimum CPU to keep this from
being painfully slow, and if you are using a 32bit OS, and running
more than 4GB of RAM, ensure you are using the PAE kernel (yum install
kernel-PAE, then change grub to boot to that kernel instead).

In my hand rebuild, I also made sure a branch was established and all
devices and users were assigned to a branch. I remember in 4.16 and
4.1.7 having issues with the configUI properly showing me details and
advanced settings, and getting slow, unless I had done so.

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Marcello Manzardo
<marce...@discsox.com> wrote:
> I have seem the same issue numerous times. Most of the time I can cure it by
> restarting the management service and of course a complete system restart
> fixes it.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.