What does the registration look like for the tandberg in sipx?

============================

----- Original Message -----
From: Staffan Kerker <ietf-li...@kerker.se>
To: Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net>
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Tue Aug 24 07:51:47 2010
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] ACK misrouted in SipXProxy with Tandberg terminal

On 24 aug 2010, at 13.19, Tony Graziano wrote:

> The tandberg is not registered to the proxy, correct?

Wrong. Both endpoints (Tandberg/Polycom) are registered to the same
SipXproxy/SipRegistrar on the same SipXecs.

They are both local endpoints, registered on the same AOR (yes, call is
forking) on the same LAN behind
the same NAT. The SipXecs is located on the outside of the NAT so calls go
in and out via SipX though the
NAT.

> If not, I don't see how the call can complete by going through the proxy.
> Unless the handset calls the tandberg directly or the tandberg registers.

I you check the ACK that is supposed to be sent to the Tandberg endpoint
from the SipXproxy (frame 52)
it (to mee) looks correct, but is not sent out towards the endpoint. It
produces the mentioned error message
in sipXproxy.log.

> F the tandberg has an ip, have the polycom dial it via ip (click to call)
> or
> create a phantom user in sipx (user with no phone) and set it to forward
> "at
> the same time" to the ip 192.160.0.116.

Ok, I will try this to make a direct IP to IP call between the Polycom and
the Tandberg. Good idea.

> You probably don't care, but in a normal user environment creating users
> with numbers (instead of names) is easier to implement, especially when
> using dialling rules and when users are moved in and out of positions
> (hire/fire).

I know, but using the same URI as for other Internet services is nice. I
don't
use phone numbers in my xmpp och mail address, so why in SIP? =)

If using an non-numeric username could have something to do with this
condition I have no problem changing to a numerical one, but I don't see
that as the problem.

/Staffan

--
Staffan Kerker
mail/sip/xmpp: staf...@kerker.se

"Don't get involved in politics man, just play the gig..." /Sgt Floyd,
Electric Mayhem Band