@R P - It doesn't matter which phone we unplug to reduce to 7 phones, or
which phone we delay the ringing.  It still works with 7 or less phone, not
with 8.

@Michael - we have two numbers A and B.  A goes to a hunt group with the 8
extensions assigned to line one of the phones, the extension being the phone
number calling in. Number B goes to a user, that user is assigned to line 2
one all 8 phones.  The issue is there either way.

If I look at a TCP dump from the SipXecs server what I see is we recieve the
invite and respond with a 100 Trying, and 180 ringing while the SipX box
starts inviting the 8 phones.  before some one can answer we receive a
cancel, but only if all 8 phone ring a once.  If we set one extension to
ring if no answer, or remove the number 2 user from one phone all calls
comes in fine.

Bryan