On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> On 4/11/11 3:03 PM, Tim Byng wrote:
>
> Possibly related, I also get the following email from sipxecs about twice a
> week:
>
>   The ITSP Account 'voip.ms' disallowed an operation because of
>> Authentication failure.
>> Suggested Resolution: Check your ITSP Account domain and password and
>> restart the SIP Trunking service.
>

> Exactly 10 minutes later I get another email saying it has recovered.
>
>   I have seen the same thing, and they claim its on my side.. (sipx,
> firewall, etc).
>
> just set yourself up for ip based authentication (you will need to
> translate inbound port 5060 from voip.ms to port 5080 on sipx)
>
> problem solved.

Thanks for the info Michael. I'll give this a try.

I looked back in my logs and found that this issue has been happening for
months, while the dropped calls have been happening for just 3 weeks.
Therefore, I'm also going to assume for now that this is a separate problem
than the dropped calls.

I've looked back through my notes about how to run a trace and I think this
is what I'm going to do:

   1. Set the proxy and registrar logging levels to INFO (is this
   sufficient, or do I need more such as DEBUG for sipxbridge?).
   2. Run the following to get the call-id (I'll know the time of the
   call): sipx-dialog-count /var/log/sipxpbx/sipXproxy.log | grep INVITE >
   /tmp/allcalls
   3. Run the following to create the trace file: sipx-trace -P . -o
   merged.xml <call-id>
   4. Use the sipviewer tool to display the trace.

I'll reset the logs once a day if needed, just to make sure they don't get
too big.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but I'll compare a dropped call to
a good call and look for any differences.