Hi Tim,

Where's voip.ms on this?  Have they captured traffic or have you sent them a
pcap of this happening?  (they most likely won't be able to deal with an xml
trace).

I took a quick look at the trace and they definitely seem to be sending you
the BYE message.  You'd think they should be able to tell you why.

btw, pfsense is a very good firewall product, don't feel like you've wasted
any time.  there were times with Cisco ASA's I wish they did what I wanted
to do too... all products have their nuances.

Thanks,
  Mike

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Tim Byng <t...@missioninc.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>
>> can't use pfsense.. it actually doesn't do what you want it to do.
>

> If this is true, I'm disappointed to hear this. I've read and been told on
> more than one occasion that pfSense is basically one of the better routers
> to use with sipXecs. Based on this, I invested some time trying to learn
> about it and set it up. I just set up the pfSense firewall less than two
> weeks ago and now find out that it can't handle this scenario. I'm not angry
> or blaming anyone, as I know it would be difficult to foresee this issue.
> I'm just disappointed that I spent time on this which may be for nothing.
>
> I guess the option of using IP based authentication is out for now, as I
> don't have time to investigate another firewall that may be able to handle
> this. The option to switch to a different ITSP is limited, as there are only
> so many that offer DIDs in Toronto with LNP, where two of the higher rated
> ones (VoIP.ms and CallCentric) seem to have some incompatibilities with my
> current set up (with pfSense and/or sipXecs).
>
> I'll continue to investigate the dropped call issue and hopefully will be
> able to find some way to get this to work reliably again. Since the dropped
> call issue only recently started happening, I'm hoping that a resolution
> will be found without making major changes.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info