I simply don't think you understand the difference between an openfire sip
implementation and ANY other sip implemntation.

I've tried tivi (registered only, never got anything established), vippie
(works on voipswitch, never got audio to work with sipx), linphone 9horrible
audio, cpu usage, never got video to establish), csipsimple (audio, super,
no video), and MANY others.

None of them work for video, few of them work for voice in a sip setting.
I've tried them in a LAN wifi setting, I've tried all KINDS of things. At
the same time, VIDEO is "upcoming" for a lot of these now that cameras are
being put into the devices on the front. It's simply not at a market level
that the app vendors have gotten serious about making it work, and making it
work right with anything other than their own platform (see vippie, see
sipdroid). I even had one that video worked for but I could never get it to
place a call, only answer.

I'm suggesting the market just is not there yet. I am also trying to point
out to you there is a HUGE difference in what Openfire calls SIP. Yeah, I
tried all that. Guess what else, their code base hasn't changed since I
tried that either.

What I find works OK for voice/video? Google talk on an android phone with a
front facing camera and google talk at the other end in a browser. That's
not integrated into sipx. It's not "really" sip. Neither is Openfire,
neither is sipdroid when you have to use their client and their service to
make it work.

I'm not saying I have all the answers. I am saying I have been there, done
that. If I had to offer any advice it would be "keep looking". I don't see
how helpful it is for me to say how much disappointment I have had in trying
this, repeatedly.

At the same time, I don't think you understand the openfire sip
implementation. I can do OpenMeeting on a server and use it with an android
(no apple, because it needs flash) phone. But that's not a seamless desktop
client to the sipx system, it's a browser. neither is openfire a seamless
client to sipx.

Really I've tried it. There's not really much to say. Either you are talking
sip, or something else entirely. I'm talking sipx, and I don't think what
you are trying to do will work with the state of the apps industry as I know
it. Prove me wrong and dance when you do.