I have it setup with sipXecs 4.4.0 with Spark 2.6.3 using sipxecs using
people's extensions as logins for integration for presence.

No trick needed, just have to enable IM account in the user's profile in
sipXecs.  You should be able to enable everyone's IM account via user group
also. That was the only thing that ever held me back from getting it working.
Then I enabled the Openfire console and installed Redfire (teleconferencing
addon to openfire) and installed Redfire addon into Spark.

Aaron Pursell, Sr.
Network Systems Administrator
Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc.
4400 Central Ave
Great Falls, Montana  59405

(406) 771-3721
aar...@esgw.org
>>> "m...@grounded.net" <m...@grounded.net> 10/10/2011 8:43 PM >>>
What's the trick to getting spark to connect to the sipx integrated openfire
server? :)
One can use the IM user ID as name/password which doesn't work.
Not sure if one can use the sipx account but that doesn't work either.

All I find on the net is one question from someone saying they used to be able
to connect to sipx's openfire server but no longer can using client 2.60/2.6.2.
I have also tried the IP, the host/domain and of course, SRV meaning domain
only.

Mike