> I've delved into Hylafax and others and don't see they are scalable or
> flexible nor are they active communities to draw support from.

Maintaining Hylafax/Avantfax server is a total headache. The smallest things
can start problems escalating into huge ones fast.

> Sipx has all the framework to do this with what it already has by
> building in the functionality into the user portal or by adding t.37
> support to it.

Even if another server had to be used in cooperation with the main server in
order to keep resource usage down, that would be a blessing over much else
that's out there other than very costly commercial solutions. Asside from that,
just being able to configure everything on one server would be wonderful.

> If the votes don't accumulate, I don't see how it would make sense to
> spend the manpower to do it. To some organizations faxes are
> important, but certainly the volume in most organizations is
> declining.

True but they are still in use by many small business who don't have the same
resources as larger companies who are able to eliminate paper. Many small
business absolutely count on being able to send and receive faxes to this day.
It would certainly open up opportunities for us in terms of selling people on
sipx instead of going with a PBX replacement.