On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM, m...@grounded.net <m...@grounded.net> wrote:
>> I've delved into Hylafax and others and don't see they are scalable or
>> flexible nor are they active communities to draw support from.
>
> Maintaining Hylafax/Avantfax server is a total headache. The smallest things
> can start problems escalating into huge ones fast.
>
>> Sipx has all the framework to do this with what it already has by
>> building in the functionality into the user portal or by adding t.37
>> support to it.
>
> Even if another server had to be used in cooperation with the main server in
> order to keep resource usage down, that would be a blessing over much else
> that's out there other than very costly commercial solutions. Asside from
> that, just being able to configure everything on one server would be
> wonderful.
>
>> If the votes don't accumulate, I don't see how it would make sense to
>> spend the manpower to do it. To some organizations faxes are
>> important, but certainly the volume in most organizations is
>> declining.
>
> True but they are still in use by many small business who don't have the same
> resources as larger companies who are able to eliminate paper. Many small
> business absolutely count on being able to send and receive faxes to this
> day. It would certainly open up opportunities for us in terms of selling
> people on sipx instead of going with a PBX replacement.

Pointedly they dont have a way to use t38modem in a way that works.
Never have thats why noone uses hylafax in t38 deployments. You still
have to use hardware between hylafax and your t.38 switch. So if you
put up a separate hylafax box us an ATA and be done with it. It cant
really integrate.

Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!