On 04/18/2012 06:15 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:
You shouldn't invite violence. I have been known to clobber people with iPads.
Why am I not surprised by this?

I think the wiki could be clearer, but really I think you are the only one to make the leap from Bria is bria is bria is bria. It ain't, but sipfoundry doesn't manuafcture it either. Bria has undergone numerous name changes in the last 3 or four years. I look for the names to change "yet again", because why leave something the same?
I am not the only one who has been confused on this point. I have all the emails from this list for the past year and a half or more. There have been several people who have been confused about this. I know sipfoundry does not manufacturer Bria, but you are saying that it is supported by your software and therefore it is to your advantage to help your users/customers use your product with whatever different versions exist of the third party software you say you are interoperable with.

Thanks for making my point about not taking a users view of things.

You guys do realize that the people that use your product are your customers, right? I know no money changes hands, but you are creating this for people to use, correct? You want companies big AND small to embrace your product, correct? There are a number of potential users/customers who have left your product because they could not get the help they thought they needed.

Give people more information than they need? That's been done, numerous times. When they can't follow directions the first few times, you have to beat them over the head with an iPad and chant "DNS DNS DNS".
I love how you never let go of that bone! You are right, DNS is very important and I have some things which still need to be configured. The problem is that I do not think the DNS wiki page is perfectly clear and I have been give contradictory info on this forum - again, its free support offered by the sipX community which includes old hats, newbies, developers and users so that happens. I was told that sipX sets up everything correctly and that I do not need external DNS SRV records, but that was not correct. It makes perfect sense now that I would need them.

Understand then fix your DNS and stop ranting to the masses who already get that.
Ahh, just "Understand". It is easy to wave that wand when it is something you are very familiar with. You might be one of those very gifted people who instantly understands everything the first time they see it. I'm happy for you - really. However, on the whole, God has gifted different people with different abilities. The thing which is easy for one, may very very difficult for another.

DNS, DNS, DNS! What beautiful words! On to DNS!