As someone who has not programmed in many a year I am sure
it is a mission. However, I think it is a crucial
requirement in any IP phone system that will use low speed
inter site links.

Asterisk has a concurrent call limit on its trunks which go
some way towards making it usable.

In commercial world all products we use have quite well
developed admission control.

The thing is, when you create QoS queues in your routers,
you are creating guaranteed throughput from your PBX onto
the WAN, but your PBX has to know that it has X bandwidth,
or only can make X calls (based on your calculations in turn
based on codec choices) so that it will never try to over
commit the link.

For us it would be a deal breaker not being able to use get
admission control. Does the commercial version have
admission control?

I remember when I looked at SipXpbx about 4 years ago, it
had no SBC, gateways were virtually unusable and there were
so many rough edges I left it alone. Now it is polished and
for the most part working wonderfully well. I am confident
this key feature will end up in SipXecs.
--
Regards

Mark Dutton