From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Mark Dutton
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:00 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Feature request: Admission control

As someone who has not programmed in many a year I am sure it is a mission.
However, I think it is a crucial requirement in any IP phone system that
will use low speed inter site links.

Asterisk has a concurrent call limit on its trunks which go some way towards
making it usable.

In commercial world all products we use have quite well developed admission
control.

The thing is, when you create QoS queues in your routers, you are creating
guaranteed throughput from your PBX onto the WAN, but your PBX has to know
that it has X bandwidth, or only can make X calls (based on your
calculations in turn based on codec choices) so that it will never try to
over commit the link.

For us it would be a deal breaker not being able to use get admission
control. Does the commercial version have admission control?

I remember when I looked at SipXpbx about 4 years ago, it had no SBC,
gateways were virtually unusable and there were so many rough edges I left
it alone. Now it is polished and for the most part working wonderfully well.
I am confident this key feature will end up in SipXecs.
--
Regards

Mark Dutton