>I'm am not sure restoring  a 4.20 system to 4.6 would be advisable.
>I doubt anyone is testing anything other than 4.4(latest) > 4.6(latest).
First of all, I made a typo, sorry, I meant that the old system is a 4.4.0, not
4.2.0.

Second, one of the promises of 4.6.0 was being able to restore from a 4.4.0
system so figured I’d give it a try. If that’s not something which is working
yet, no big deal.

Of course, that gets me wondering out of curiosity...

Can I now yum remove the sipx installation, then update the repo to 4.4.0 and
re-install? I would delete the postgres database and /etc/sipxpbx.

Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab 2013!

On Sep 23, 2012 12:25 PM, <m...@grounded.net> wrote:

  Thought I did.

  I built a Centos 6.3 (fully updated) server then installed sipx 4.6.0 via rpm
repo.
  Once installed, I logged into the new server, entered a new PIN and was ready
to configure the system.
  I backed up a 4.2.0 server then copied the backup files onto the new 4.6.0
server.
  On the 4.6.0 server, I used the Restore to restore the settings from the
4.2.0 server I backed up.
  I can’t seem to find a screen shot so can’t recall all of the options but I
picked only the first two or three options which don’t deal with PIN’s.
  After the server restored, it came back with a prompt at some point.
  I then entered my new credentials but that didn’t work. I then tried my old
ones from the backed up server and that didn’t work.
  I have no other options that I know of other than to reset the superadmin
password. However, any searching seems to lead to notes of previous versions
than 4.6.0 along with commands that don’t seem to work on 4.6.0. I have not yet
found information on how to restore the superadmin password on a 4.6.0 system.
  Mike