On 31 Aug 2009, at 08:14, Lawson English wrote:

> grats to aimee trescothick:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtHO4AtVSwc

Thank you Sai :) The video was done to go with the article at
http://www.rezmagazine.co.uk/2009/08/trescothick-aims-to-please.html
  where I talk about the plug-in a bit in the second half if you want
to skip the boring stuff about me LOL

> and for heaven's sake, Linden Lab, wake up to the potential.

To be fair, from the conversations I've had this week I think they're
well aware of it, that's why they wrote the API that makes this
possible.

> We need a way to access localhost without going round our elbow to
> fake
> the SL viewer into letting us work with our own local content before
> uploading, our own advanced scripting/programming/etc stuff and etc.
> Not
> all of us have direct permission to set parcel media. At the least, as
> I've pointed out, we need to be able to set multiple localhost urls
> within a HUD so we can work with our own custom media types before
> making them available to the SL Community.

There's more work to come here yet, as shown by the multiple media
streams demo at SLCC. It wouldn't be hard though to patch the viewer
so you could "fake" your own media URL for testing or whatever.

Aimee.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev