On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Ann Otoole <missannoto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Very incorrect assumption Dante.
> Shoutcast and video streams are not normally hosted on your local computer.

No, not incorrect. :/

Shoutcast is not even needed infact. I can set up any webserver, that does
not even have to serve audio. And just read the logs of who connected. A
stock apache install with no modifications will accomplish this.

It's not a question of where streams are usually pointed. The fact is they
can be pointed anywhere.

In fact you are proving you do not need a proxy for the plugins. Becuase
under your logic, we can just assume people "are not normally" trying to
grab your address, to use your phrasing.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev