On 2009-09-04, at 10:54, Dante Tucker wrote:
> The fact that audio streams are in use on almost every parcel in SL
> clearly shows that people generaly do not have an issue with
> exposing there address. So I don't see how you are making it an
> issue here.

Many of us DO have an issue with parcel media, and only turn it on
when we have a specific reason to do so. Parcel media is already being
used, routinely, to track people... both by griefer groups and by
vigilantes to monitor IP addresses and flag potential alts for things
like resident-operated per-IP parcel bans. But at least they're
limited, if you don't visit a parcel run by a W-Hat (or whoever else
is doing this) AND turn your media stream on there's nothing to worry
about. Decoupling this from parcels opens up a MUCH greater
opportunity for mischief.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev