On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:36:02 -0600, Ardy Lay <ardy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since clicking on the name
> of the resident you are
> in IM with opens their profile, the profile button was seen as redundant

> and changed to the
> frequently used function of offering a friend a teleport.

Even if I'm used to open Profiles by clicking names
in chat windows, I didn't immediately realized that
the Profile button was redundant. I agree it was.

I think I agree with the feature as it's currently
implemented. (but I didn't test it enough yet)

Anyway, I suggest it would make sense to explicitly state in
the Release notes what Ardy explained - that is, let's remember
to users they can click names in chat windows and that will
open users profile windows. My personal feeling is that
not everybody knows that.

Opensource Obscure
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev