On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...it would be great if we could solve this somehow, perhaps by splitting
> the configuration and classes into an own project?...

In theory, if the two org.apache.sling.launcher.webapp classes move to
another maven module, one would only need to create a pom.xml, web.xml
and jcr-client.properties (not sure what that file does exactly) to
create a different Sling-based webapp.

The problem is that the current launchpad/webapp pom contains quite a
lot of "maven procedural code" disguising as plugin configurations, to
unpack the launchpad/app dependency and keep only what's needed.

So making it easier to build Sling-based webapps might be a bit more
complicated than just moving the classes to a different module. But
I'm all for it if someone makes it happen!

-Bertrand