Felix Meschberger wrote:
So here is my proposal: We create a launchpad/core module, which just
contains the classes from the app and web app module and combine them in
a single (simple) jar file. In addition the core sling.properties file
would also be part of this jar file. This jar file, by itself is not
usable.
And we should add the jre config files there as well.

The launchpad/app module would have a dependency on the core module and
just unpack the classes and properties file - through the maven
dependency plugin. We also need to get the bundles into the jar.

The launchpadd/webapp module also would have a dependency on the core
module, but would pack the core jar file into the WEB-INF/lib folder
unmodified. Again, we need to get the bundles into the jar and the of
course the web.xml file.

Now my question is: both launchpad/app and launchpadd/webapp use the
same set of bundles. Is there a way of sharing this common knowledge
between the app and webapp modules without creating a dependency on the
app module in the webapp module ? Could the maven assembly plugin be
used for this ?
I don't know - perhaps we could define this in a separate pom and then use the assembly plugin, or we can write a custom plugin. I've written a plugin that assembles all used bundles (from the dependencies) and puts them into a folder.

If we split like this, we could also make the launchpadd/jcrapp module
simpler by just adding the dependency to the launchpad/core module and
setup the dependency list.

Is this correct ? Does this make sense ?
I think this makes sense. This enables creating own webapps without the need of duplicating common stuff.
I'll try to come up with a solution for this next week (hopefully).

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]