On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your proposal would more be like an extension to SLING-864 [1]: If the
> adressed resource does not exist, extract the sling:resourceType
> parameter and use that as the resourceType ? Right.

That was what I had in mind, yes.
What I haven't thought about, is how Sling should handle a request to
reset the resourceType - that is, when the resource already exists,
and the client posts an updated resource with a new resourceType.
Should we run /apps/old/resourceType/POST.esp or
/apps/new/resourceType/POST.esp?

> Or maybe better: In case of a non-existing resource use the
> sling:resourceType parameter as the value of the
> Resource.getResourceSuperType() call.
>
> This would allow handling of this request parameter, but would not break
> existing code expecting non-existing resource to have the predefined
> resource type "sling:nonexisting".

Sounds cool.

> There is just one catch: Do we open up here for a security or
> vulnerability issue ?

I'll leave that question open :)

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no