On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> Hmmm. IMHO, the client is already defining the resource type (by
> posting the sling:resourceType field).
> Remember that I'm only talking about content that is being created.
> When the client is posting new content (that the server doesn't
> already know), I'd say the client knows more about the resource type
> than the server does.

Ok, I have to admit that the creation of the content is a special
case: creating a new resource via the sling post servlet and
specifying the resourceType as part of the content is actually the
same as allowing a resourceType parameter for the nonexisting case in
general.

But only if this is only possible with write-permissions on that path.
An anonymous user with read-access only must not be able to select the
resource type in the request. With the JCR ACLs in the background,
this constraint is already easily achieved.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek