You don't get it. I need to be able to compile the toolchain no matter what
otherwise the mirror iso is dead. You say you keep in main the my mirror
disk then you say we don't need to build a complete toolchain. You kill the
whole point of it my mirror disk. By saying this your giving me the shakes.

The way you build the toolchain is the not the way the linuxfromscratch way
does. And its never been a clean way at all by you. And we had problems
cause of that.

All this is doing is cause me more stress and sleeping problems.
On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Christophe Lincoln <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> > anyway. I do love the web interface by the way but thats it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > You need to build everything from scratch or you better off just
> > tazpkg converting debian packages in place of slitaz packages. Cause
> > without a clean build system your better off going to get more
> > problems in later on.
>
> No, I'm rebuilding alll packages with our toolchain and with packages
> builded with it. Until the full toolchain change we DONT nee to rebuild
> everthing from scratch by startin with the so famous toolchain.
>
> For example, if we had the resource you would likely rebuild all
> packages on a regular basic to check they always build, In this case
> also we dont need to rebuild toolchain each time from sratch, only if
> it change.
>
> From the start of the project we do 1 toolchain change by year, it is
> the first thing I do just after stable release so we start a new
> cooking with a new toolchain. At this moment we must, and I think it's
> better, rebuild the toolchain in the correct order but with a manual
> control on the process. Last years it take me 2 weeks to get a new
> toolchain working, after I upgrade it everyone can start upgrading
> packages et we go for a new cooking cycle.
>
>
> - Christophe
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to