Maybe you're right. But say something like this through a mailing list, it's kind of inappropriate. I am enthusiastic about SliTaz.
SliTaz actually revived an old machine of mine.

I'm not part of the developer team, but I think many people missed this year with ethics. Every community needs a leader. If you do not share ideas or their ideas had not heard properly, took some kind of attitude change that? Or was saved and stored as a "hurt"?

I do not know why. I even wish I could use gnome 2 with SliTaz, but a lot could have happened for you to be left out. But one way or another, talk something like this, it is also contrary to the meaning of community. For as I know, the community around the SliTaz not necessarily have to comply with your ideas. Or do they have?

Know that I do not want to attack anyone. Just decided to expose my thoughts. A view looking out of the "black box".

Rodrigo Boechat

Em 07-11-2011 20:16, Daniele Guerrieri escreveu:
The ideas of slitaz were good, but now everything it's getting too much older, including kernel upgrades. Why doesn't some of you brings further this project? I made some packages to add gnome 2 support but sadly i saw that nobody put them upstream. Why? on my system i could start gnome 2.32, but my packages were discarded. A community project should not rely on a single person; everyone should and could contribute. I think that linux users who aren't satisfied with the new gnome-shell and unity will neither appreciate an old and buggy system like Slitaz.
For me, Slitaz is no more useful

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM, guilbault frederic <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    I found this funny. Theres no big dilema to me.

    Last time i have talk with pankso. it was when tazwok have been
    replace due to the risk for Slitaz of beeing unmaintable if the
    mains devlopers woud gone. Now Pankso seem to be absent and the
    devlopement/maintining compromise ....

    what pankso woud do ?

    xfred.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:11:20 +0000
    Subject: Where is pankso?
    From: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
    To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>


    Where is pankso? I ask this cause we need to move forward and with
    him not even on scm.slitaz.org <http://scm.slitaz.org> for like 6
    weeks its starting to make me worry about him and slitaz. We need
    to start updating stuff again cause everything is so broken that
    if we stable it will be another joke again.

    Chroot needs to be automaticly updated after new packages are
    build so it can stay up to date without much work. This way wok
    can still be update and chroot will update itself after package
    build. I myself have done alot of changes to cookutils in
    my-cookutils <https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils> repo. I
    would like to be able add them in myself but pankso doesn't want
    me touch cookutils cause he thinks i will make it unworkable like
    tazwok for him. So i think we could work it out by simple allowing
    my just work in a testing branch until there is a time you think a
    merge should be done. There is also a new graft
    <http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hg.1.html#graft> option in
    mercurial 2.0 that will allow cherry-picks stuff from my testing
    branch to default branch so it will be easier to merge things that
    way.

    Anyway we need to move froward with or without pankso.


Reply via email to