Whatever the reasoning, we have to make a choice. I have a general reasoning about things like this. If something doesn't work the way I want, I generally try to fix it so it does. Then I share my 'fixes'. That's how my packages and the majority of my other projects came into existence. Bemoaning how your packages are being ignored doesn't help the matter. Do what I or Christopher did and make your own site for them.
Also remember that the new Unity or Gnome Shell Ubuntu uses is only available in Ubuntu. Other distros still provide pure GNOME instead of this alternative. Another factor we have to consider is that with the latest kernel we instantly lose support for older hardware because support for it got stripped from the kernel. This is a fact of Linux. But let's decide now. It's clear that 'life happened' to pankso and I don't believe we should begrudge him this. What we should do is try to preserve his creation, even if we have to put in place the missing pieces ourselves. He can correct things he doesn't like later, but for now, it's just us and we need to push this or SliTaz will suffer the same fate as Damn Small Linux, although not for the same reasons. Anyway, that's my 10 cents worth. --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

