Le Mon, 5 Dec 2011 22:41:38 +0100, GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> a écrit :
Hi, - Can you give us more detail about what you need to change in tazwok and receipts ? - For me the goal is to prepare release. Publish cooking, so more users can test and help us to fix. > As nobody does, I'm going to answer to my questions myself; in case it > interest somebody. > > > - Is tazwok still compatible with the wok ? > Not anymore. Incompatibilities are light and easy to solve. But it > involves changes to packages in the toolchain. Changes are only to get > back compatibility: it doesn't imply changes in the package itself or > how it's cooked by cookutils. It should not create any problem if I > push those fixes. Package will be recook but the result will be > exactly the same than the previous one. Anyone against this ? > > > - What's the prefered way to compile full distro ? > To be honnest I feel like there's currently no way to recook full > SliTaz easily. Part of the reason is that I don't get how to use > cooker for that, and wok is not fully compatible with tazwok - which > itself need some work anyway. I don't think cookutils allows to > rebuild SliTaz for users, and I don't think it's coded for that > specific use. > > > - What kind of update should be done ? The wok was freezed to > > prepare the release, but release seems delayed until ??? > I can't answer to that. And nobody seems able to. I think I'm going to > update receipts for tazwok compatibility, and eventually for > security/bug fixes. Nothing more until some choice are made at this > level. If nobody is against this, of course. > > > - What are your tought about our current goal? Prepare release, new > > update cycle, rolling release or what ? > I think that SliTaz need a stable release; but it doesn't seems to be > planned at all. It's like the distro doesn't exists without it's > leader. > --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

