> BA/BSc: Five years, thousands of hours and a debt to the government
>    CNE: Many $1000's of dollars and a great deal of pain
>   MSCE: Many $1000's of dollars and a great deal of pain
>   CCNE: Many $1000's of dollars
>   RHCE: Many $1000's of dollars (at RedHat no less!)

I think a lot of people are confusing MCSE courses and MCSE certification.
I've met quite a few people who have completed MCSE courses and don't
know a great deal (and aren't actually MCSE's despite putting their
MCSE course on the resume).

There are also quite a few MCSEs who have never done a course and know
their stuff.  They also paid about $155x6 or 7, not many thousands.