Netgear 310 10/100 cards are well supported with the tulip driver.
However up until 2.2.18 (and possibly still) you need to reload
the kernel module if the cable is pulled out or something.
So be sure to have a really solid connection as short inteferences
you normally wouldnt notice will cause the card to stop being
connected.

We use these in our proxy cluster.

311's are supported in 2.4.x under a different driver. Look on
daves site.

Intel eepro100's are good, no problems here. I run 2 dual p3 servers
with 2 per machine (one on the mboard). I know alot of people swear
by them.

Dlink 530tx rev a's are run with the via-rhine driver. The latest
rev of this card (rev c) needs an updated driver which is on dave m's
site and included in 2.4.x. Turn *off* APM with these cards as linux
cant handle it (thats our conclusion. apm on problems on, apm off
problems off. seems logical)

530tx+ are actual realtek 8139 chips, use 8139too.

Alot of $40 10/100 are 8139. Probably 99% of them. I have run three of
these in a single box with no problems (other than that realteks are
cpu using) using the old driver. I have one in the pc im using now.
(i have seen skymaster, acer and full on nonamed cards as 8139's)

3com also makes excellent 10/100 nics. I have 2 servers runing 3c509's
and i have no complaints.

Netgear makes a good vanilla 10/100 card (soho market) and their
gigagbit cards work well in linux as well (apm bug though).

Dean

>>> Apologies for the long-winded post - I guess my question boils down
>>> to:
>>> 1. Is anyone having problems with 1 or 2 8139 cards in the same
>>> machine?