Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 06:07:30PM +1000, Del uttered:
>
> > I strongly suggest, in the interest of the entire world wide Linux
> > community, that you take it down and replace it with something a
> > little more user friendly.
>
> No.  With a little open criticism, Red Hat might actually fix these
> problems.  The free software world has a lot in common with the Left
> side of politics.  Its biggest strength and its biggest weakness is
> its adherence to the policy of total openness.

Well, I think therein lies the problem. RedHat comes from the right wing
of things, in that they are firmly tied into the capitalist business
model of making money with the view of making a profit. Somewhere along
the line, in this world, Linux needs quite a few businesses making a
profit from Linux to keep the speed of development up and to keep it
going (at a significant pace).

I suspect that the imput people have is related to how high up the
RedHat food chain they are, i.e. if PHB in big corp says we want it,
they will get it first.

I use RedHat because 95% of the time, it is the first to handle new
hardware and until recently, it gave me the best installation options. I
recommend it to other people for similar reasons.

I'm using another distro because I don't like the Microsoft like power
of RH in the Linux world and I encourage competition. These are similar
reasons why I only buy AMD. The fact that my other distro isn't Debian
is because both the Debian versions I have tried have failed to install
multiple times.

> Your comments sound rather Trotskyist to me, if we're going to
> make a Lefty political analogy :)

Concept Totally lost. This isn't a medical condition in case anyone is
wondering, but a micro-faction of leftist politics and a lesson in how
not to co-operate - if there is one thing a leftist splinter party hates
more that the right wing pollies, it is other leftist groups that don't
follow the one true path, i.e. "our" version of communist dogma - OOh
sounds a bit like linux distro flame wars {:-0

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au