On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 05:12:56PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > yes that's all fine (and I agree it is unusual on optus' part!)
>
> It's *NOT* unusual on Optus' part - perhaps you're used to my common
> sarcasm, but this is exactly what Optus *should* be doing. Good on them. Now
> they can get their arses into gear with their open relays and ORBS listings.

it was sarcasm on my part (unusual they're doing something the
"correct" way) but doesn't matter

> No. It won't matter from the isp's point of view, as it only cares about
> what's after the @. What's after the @ in the envelope doesn't have to match
> the domain in your email address. One setting for postfix, as long as you
> set up your transport_maps sanely.

ok I think that was the penny dropping there...
part of the problem is I have been sending test emails locally
to myself which now I think about it is probably a bit silly.
I'll have a play around with the config some more.

Thanks!
Dave.