> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 18:14, Bill Bennett wrote:
> > I'd like to like to teach myself to make a presentation.
> >
> > People who know no better have suggested PowerPoint.
> >
> > The list of analogues ^{*} has:---
> > 1) StarOffice Presentation
> > 2) Open Office Impress

<snip>
> > Has anyone any experience with any of these?
> > That you can talk about?

They both work fine with the following exceptions
1) The included templated are really ugly
2) no, I mean *really/ ugly

Try grabbing some free powerpoint template files and using them in
OpenOffice (Google will fidn them for you). You'll end up with a much
better looking presentation as a result.

For bonus cool points, use Openoffice 1.1 and distribute your presentation
in Flash.

Mike