On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 06:14:25PM +1100, Bill Bennett wrote:
> I'd like to like to teach myself to make a presentation.
>
> The list of analogues ^{*} has:---
> 1) StarOffice Presentation
> 2) Open Office Impress
> 3) Kpresenter
> 4) MagicPoint
> 5) Kuickshow & gimp :)
>
> (I do not know the significance of (5).
>
> Has anyone any experience with any of these?

6) LaTeX and Prosper.  Works like a charm.  Basic slide sets can be produced
as fast as you can type.  More complex effects are a bit of simple
programming away.  As far as I'm concerned, waving your mouse around to do
simple things like "I want another bullet point" is an incredible waste of
energy, when you can type \item and go on your way.

--
"Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering their
time inventing and implementing new, exciting ways for software to suck."