On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 12:13, Ken Foskey wrote:
> "BSD is the only true Open Source license."  This is an interesting
> quote from an idiot.  But I would really like to here other opinions on
> this.

That quote is probably from a "open source good, free software bad"
minded person. Shrug.

> I know there are thousands of licenses I would like to classify them:
>
> a) BSD like - use how you want includes Public Domain.

Which BSD - with or without advertising clause? :}.

I think your taxonomy has some issues, in that it both conflates some
key issues, and is wrong.

I.e. the GPL is perfectly compatible *within an organisation* with
proprietary code. It's just not compatible when the time comes to
*distribute* said code. And lastly, I don't think that 'corporate' is a
good label for your 'pay-for-use' category. I know a number of
individuals that release under pay-for-use with and with-out code
licences. You might find the creative commons licences a good place to
review the general concepts applicable...

Rob