On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 18:57, Brad Kowalczyk wrote:

> Just one small Q, lets say I develop an app and release it under say the
> GPL, if I then improve on this app adding new features and functionality
> and wish to make a $ with it can I then release it under a
> <shudder>>closed source</shudder> license even though it is heavily
> based on GPL'd code?

Any code the YOU wrote then yes, you can use and reuse this code as you
wish as Mary says.  If you only accept patches that assign copyright to
you personally and then to GPL then you are still fine.

Copyright, trade secret, & patents leave us all confused.  Do not think
you are alone :-)

--
Thanks
KenF