Kevin Saenz wrote:
[snip] The only problem that I have so far is that you have to create mail folders under the inbox rather than your account, to me that looks messy.

I complained about this once with the courier imap server and was told "that's the RFC standard". Seems to me that the standard is bruck.

There is no "inbox" directory on the server, mail in your "inbox" is in the top level directory of your server account. Any other "folders" that you create then become a sub-directory of your "inbox" as they can't appear at the same level as your "inbox" because then you'd have multiple directoryies in /var/spool/mail. This to me is an oversight on the part of the "designers". I would have thought that the in-box should be a sub-directory of your top level mail account directory. This way you could have folders at the same level as your inbox and others as sub-folders of your inbox. I briefly contemplated hacking the courier imap server to "fix" this but would also have to hack q-mail so I decided to just live with it.

But different browsers will display the folders as either sub or at the same level on the same imap server!

Pete.