go get the calendar plugin for firefox/thunderbird/mozilla
or get it as the stand alone app 'sunbird'.
personally ive found sunbird to be good on its own (in windows)

its based on the nice open standadrd apple made with ical.
ical is a cool calendaring app thats for sure, i love it.
use it on my mac. but use sunbird everywhere else.
because of nice open standards, i can drop calendars back
and forth perfectly.

sunbird it going to murder outlook.

i can seriously see firefox, thunderbird and sunbird taking
some serious market share in the upcoming shortish time period.
firefox is already wiping out ie and thunderbird is taking
outlook express to town.

Dean

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
This one time, at band camp, Dean Hamstead wrote:

most people dont even need all features of exchange. most
people (even just for internal mail) will do quite happily
with nothing more than a pop3 mail server.

even my work, which has pisses hundreds of thousands into
exchange and hardware blah blah blah, could easily just
use pop3 (even with exchange) and an ldap server for
some address booking

It grabs me that the biggest problem free software has in this sphere is that Microsoft have set the bar too high. Everyone assumes that all organisations "need" all the features Exchange provides. In my experience, LDAP, IMAP and some kind of calendar are all that are needed.

Are there no free software clients that integrate these features? I think calendaring is the big gap...