Visser, Martin wrote:
Huh? When did this thread become a debate on the definition of Free or
Open Source Software?
Hi Martin,

This debate stems from the proposal by J. Waugh to ban the use of RTFM in SLUG list group.

Banning is another way of saying Censoring the word  RTFM.

RTFM is a validated and accepted tools used originally by USENET groups as you know.

Linux, amongst others, inherited the traditions and tools of USENET. And you can't pick
and choose. You can't accept some and ban some.

O Plameras

And for what it is worth I have never heard this definition anywhere -
OSS is code censorship - you can read my ideas (source code), but you
can't use them (my copyright and often an exclusionary license).