On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:22:55PM +1100, Phil Scarratt wrote:
> Robert Thorsby wrote:
> >You are right -- my response was not very well worded. All the
> >lightweight MTAs hand off delivery to the upstream (ISPs) server. The
> >real problem is, indeed, when you have your own domain name (as do I).
> >
> >I have never used frogpond but I have had no problem with my previous
> >ISP, nor my current one, in using my domain name -- they have simply
> >accepted that my mailing address is
> >robert<<at>>thorsby<<dot>>com<<dot>>au rather than [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >However, current ISP inserts a "(may be forged)" into the first Received
> >header whener I send mail through him from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- I shall be
> >speaking to him later this week.
> >

> There are some pond accounts which will allow it, just not all. I've
> never had trouble, with either my current or previous ISP either.
I have had bigpond for about 4 years, I use their smtp server as an outbound,
to stop my mail being blocked because it came from a dial up (I'm on cable). I
haven't had a problem.  I have my own domain setup.  Haven't had a problem with
tpg or exetel either.

I think most isp allow relaying through there smtp (outbound from your laptop
to the internet) from all of their ip addresses