Hello everybody..

I have stumbled into something which I think is too big for
me and I am looking to reach out to people who might find
some value.

By Trade, I am a Programmer/Project Manager. Last year I
worked at the Department of Commerce and they were talking
about this and that with Open Source.. they kindof gave
me the idea that a corporate linux to bung on servers
like redhat would be useful out there. I have personally
liked SLAMPP, SME-Server, Redhat... Debian... etc

When I talk to some businesses in small business land and
they are all interested in servers half the price of
redmond with dial in support ability. If it was Linux
then they don't mind either.

Here in Australia, we are so lucky. We have everything.

I think we could do a really server based distro for
the world stage.

The questions that I have are:

 - are there enough experts here to do it ?
 - is there a will ?
 - how to organise it ?

My general observations are:

 - needs to be debian based
 - start with an SME server (FileServer 2008)
 - make it commercially viable and supportable

Ok...

if you have any comments go for it....

maybe I need to offer some free beer or other bribes....

but places like China... it is growing rapidly...

having our own distro there is a sensible thing
for us to be doing....

David