Quoting Alex Samad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

why not go the debian/ubuntu method. Start with a base debian build, create a
custom deb package (sort of a meta package) that pulls in all the relevant
other debs and does a config.  You could setup you own repo and your done.
Well another deb for each site to do the actual customer customisations.

Hi Alex,

yeah exactly...

I have actually checked out all the distros that I could and stumbled upon DSL or damn-small-linux. I'm customising that.

That is a knoppix/debian derivative, that boots very easily and has a lot of hardware support.

I think for the server version we are doing, it doesn't need a repository.. but can use the dsl/knoppix/debian packages, you get to pull down stuff off the debian repositories.

I'm thinking if somebody wants something outside the box, get a debian package. Having used debian for sometime, i can't see any way to beat their package repository. But linking to it seems to be pretty sensible.

Take care

David