Quoting Phil Scarratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I simply use the server version of ubuntu and apt-get any other extras
I may or may not need depending on the function of the server.

Yes.. but it takes some time to do all that...

I guess you are talking about not having to do the extra "install the
other things"?

Exactly..

Have all the "other things" ready, even on a live-cd to give to a customer.

All they do is insert the CD in some-machine, and it creates a vpn link back with all the packages loaded.. ready for the support-staff to admin...

in addition, the support-staff can use RADMIN/RDP or VNC or whatever to support all the windows machines on the lan also.

That will create support opportunities and the chance to build up ongoing monthly incomes, depending on how many businesses the support-company can sign up.

I know a lot of IT-support companies would like to use linux a lot more but the problem is that the current distros aren't really configured in such a way that enables them to make money from them directly.

That is the big reason why i think there is space for a distro/derivative.

I honestly just don't know enough people (spend my time either hacking, or at sales meetings).So I wanted to bounce these ideas.

David