On 27/03/10 21:37, Ashley Maher wrote:
> So I entered the Bigpond dns servers for NSW, Queensland and Victoria
> into network manager. This creates a nice shiny /etc/resolv.conf that
> looks correct when ever the connection is made into the telstra network.

I use '8.8.8.8' as my DNS resolver in network-manager for my Next-G
connection, and it appears to work fine.

The reason why I set a manual one at all is because actually getting the
autoconfigured DNS addresses is flaky. Either Telstra doesn't bother to
serve me the DNS servers half the time, or something isn't picking them
up correctly.