On 28/03/10 14:23, Martin Visser wrote:
> For instance, Internode provide unmetered content to their customers,
> one of which is the ABC iView service. However at least in some part,
> probably because of the use of content-delivery networks, Internode
> ask to make you use their DNS.

iView uses the following config file for redirecting you to a special
unmetered video source:

<http://www2b.abc.net.au/iView/Services/iViewHandshaker.asmx/isp>

The server it is on, www2b.abc.net.au, resolves to the same IP address
from home, as well as from Fremont, CA.

So in that particular example, it's IP-based, not DNS-based, thank goodness.

www2b.abc.net.au appears to be the ABC's "Windows box" from what I've
seen from the outside. It's the box that runs their tacky message board,
as well as serving out various stuff from hidden URLs, usually that are
quite hard to get to.