>> re your problems with zhone and sms: never seen that.

Strangely enough, whatever I do I get exactly the same problem. That is, I've tried fso-gsm0710muxd, fso-abyss, ousaged, fso-usaged, with opimd, without opimd. I've force reinstalled fso-frameworkd, I've tried other people's framework.conf file. Exactly the same result in every case, which is that zhone seems to work, but incoming SMSs aren't noticed.

I'm pretty sure that the issue doesn't concern zhone, or dbus but is at a lower level. I've been reverse engineering ogsmd and looking for where a +CMTI is received on the unsolicited response channel using the debug output from frameworkd. But I never see it. If I interrogate the SIM using the dbus method org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.RetrieveMessagebook I can see the incoming message all right. But the arrival notification just never seems to come.

Any clues?

Jonathan