2009/10/16 Jonathan Schultz <jonat...@imatix.com>:

> I'm pretty sure that the issue doesn't concern zhone, or dbus but is at a
> lower level.

Why?

If the incoming message signal does get to zhone, zhone will write a
line to its log (/tmp/zhone.log) saying something like "new message!
retrieving messagebook".  So you could retest and check for that.

After that point, I think there are two scenarios that can still
result in never seeing the new message.  (1) If the "busy" flag of
zhone's sms component is true - I'm not yet sure what that means.  (2)
If the dbus RetrieveMessageBook call gets an error.  I've certainly
seen (2), but didn't note down the full error details before
rebooting.

Regards,
        Neil