McDonalds has materinty leave....they have had for years. It's unpaid yes, but they have it.....my ex took it when she had Nicole. She was working for McDonalds at the time...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] New Support for Arnold

In a message dated 10/9/2003 7:18:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My, my - that's harsh. If I were friends with a young woman who is raped
and becomes pregnant and she is low-income or still in school, I could
not deny her an abortion - I certainly would encourage her to keep the
baby and would help her out, but I could not deny her an abortion
either. I have great respect for your cousin, for going throught with
the pregnancy - it is wonderful that good came out of utter evil like that.

Now, I have no patience with women who use abortion as birth control.
*That* is totally wrong and ought not to be allowed.

However, I do not believe that it is irresponsible for a young woman in
school or one who is living on the edge to try and study or potentially
be faced with being fired from her job (minimum wage jobs are
notoriously unforgiving and will not do reasonable accomidations to
allow a third trimester woman - or one with any other sort of injury -
to do something else when she is temporarily unable to do her current
job). Personally, I'd be afraid that some women might take out their
anger and depression (especially if they do not have a loving family to
support them) on themselves or the poor baby.

i understand what your saying and i respect your opinion. I cant say i agree. low income is bad but many people deal with it   theres also adoption. and as far as jobs go most places its illegal to fire someone for pregnancy leave and if say its a minimum wage job like mcdonalds or such she could always get another one if they did. That too me isnt a good enough reason for a mother to kill a baby