In a message dated 11/6/2003 12:22:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

There are a lot of cases where someone didn't intentionally do something but they are still punished for it. How many cases where someone accidentally kills someone, yet they are still punished. As Charles said when he was a kid, he didn't intentionally break someone's window by throwing a rock through it, but he was still punished. So are you basically saying b/c he's a kid he doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions b/c it wasn't something he did intentionally?

accidentily killing someone is called justifiable homicide and you dont go to jail for that.  why?  because the INTENT wasnt there.

if a small child touches a hot stove and burns themself  should they be spanked afterwards cuz they shouldnt have touched it? im willing to bet money the kid did not know hed end up out in front of a car to get hit. and im pretty sure that scared him enougfh not top do it again   most 8 yr olds dont go hey cool i got hit by a car let me try that again.  so why punish him on top of that?  to me thats just cruel