Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Sandbox Mail List Administration
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:40 PM
To: 'The Sandbox Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Sndbox] FL. Boy fined on bike

And our point is that if the child is doing something you know to be dangerous punishment will teach him not to do that anymore.  If he's jumping a dirt hill that is right next to a busy road, then that is inherently more dangerous than doing the same thing in a vacant lot.  So sometimes even if it is an accident some sort of consequences are necessary.

Going back to the broken window...I *accidentally* broke a window.  I was punished for that.  It was right for me to be punished for that because I was doing something I shouldn't be doing.

To be sure the punishment must fit the offense, but to say in a blanket fashion that no punishment is necessary when something is an accident doesn't make a lick of sense in my opinion.  Even accidents carry consequences.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
and going to the store alone isnt dangerous?  my cousin went two aisles over away from my aunt in a store and was kidnapped and murdered.

my point  everything is dangerous but you dont punish for an accident